DIRECTION: Choose one (1) from the following questions. Write a well – organized essay with an introduction stating the topic, a body that accomplishes the task, and a summarizing conclusion.
IMPORTANT: Underline your thesis statement.
- · Test this hypothesis: “Rizals trial was a farce.”
- · From the novels (Noli Me Tangere and El Filibusterismo), state Rizal’s definition and elements of Philippine nationalism.
- · How is nationalism portrayed in the following essays”
a. A letter to the Young Women of Malolos
b. Philippines A Century Hence
c. The Indolence of the Filipinos
- · The characters that Rizal portrayed in his two novels are very much alive in our present society. Who are the present counterparts of these characters?
a. Crisostomo Ibarra
d. Maria Clara
- · How far has the current Philippine educational system advanced vis-a-vis the inherent defects noted in the novels of Rizal? Which Rizaline ideas and ideals on education have been incorporated in the Philippine Constitutions, school laws and policies, curricula and methodology, logistics and community support?
· From Rizal's The Indolence of the Filipinos, describe how Filipinos were portrayed by the author from before and whence they were conquered by the Spaniards.
How was indolence borne? Cite at least 2 factors and explain.
- · What ideals could be appreciated from the Letter to the Young Women of Malolos? Cite at least 2 and explain how these could also be appreciated in the present period.
NOTE: All answers should be submitted at my email address @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Format of submission:
- State your name, course year and section at the subject of the mail
- Do NOT attach a word document. Just simply type in all your answers at the compose part of the mail.
- Deadline of submission: October 12.