What are my expectations in my class?
I would like my students to perform very well, participate in class discussions as well as do good in their examinations. Without much ado, let me give to you the grading system.
(note: you can download the grading system by clicking this link)
*University Grading System* *Distribution of Grade*
1.00 97-100 Excellent Mid-Term/ Final Term 30%
1.25 94-96 Excellent Quizzes/ Long Tests/
1.50 91-93 Very Good Seat Works 20%
1.75 88-90 Very Good Recitation 20%
2.00 85-87 Good Project/Report/Assign. 20%
2.25 82-84 Good Class Attendance 10%
2.50 82-84 Satisfactory 100%
2.75 76-78 Satisfactory
3.00 75 Passing
5.00 65-74 Failure
P = Pass
NC = No Credit MT Grade plus FT Grade = FINAL
INC = Incomplete 2 CLASSCARD
W = Withdrawn GRADE
D = Dropped
10% 20% 30% 40%
1.00 .10 .20 .30 .40
1.25 .125 .25 .375 .50
1.50 .15 .30 .45 .60
1.75 .175 .35 .525 .70
2.00 .20 .40 .60 .80
2.25 .225 .45 .675 .90
2.50 .25 .50 .75 1.00
2.75 .275 .55 .825 1.10
3.00 .30 .60 .90 1.20
5.00 .50 1.00 1.50 2.00
* Rounding off Table *
1.00 - 1.125 = 1.00
1.26 - 1.375 = 1.25
1.376 - 1.625 = 1.50
1.626 - 1.875 = 1.75
1.876 - 2.125 = 2.00
2.126 - 2.375 = 2.25
2.376 - 2.625 = 2.50
2.626 - 2.875 = 2.75
2.876 - 3.125 = 3.00
3.126 - 3.375 = 3.25
3.376 - 3.625 = 3.50
3.626 - 3.875 = 3.75
3.876 - 4.125 = 4.00
Grading System, Recording and Tasks1. The Grading System maybe changed, that is the corresponding percentage maybe adjusted depending on the number of projects or activities given. In such cases, the Secretary of the class will be informed by yours truly.
2. The class secretary will take charge of recording everything, that is from attendance, activities to exams. S/he will also be tasked to help me in computing her classmates' grades.
3. The class secretary will provide me copies of the records (from attendance to exams) and will be responsible typing out her classmates' names on the class record & grade sheets template.
4. All students will submit 1/8 index card with 1x1 picture attached with the following information:
Name : **
Course Yr. & Sec.: **
Home Address: **
Contact number (celphone and tel phone): **
Position in the class organization: **
Name of Scholarship Grant:
Parents' Names: **
Home Address: **
Parents' occupation: **
Parents' Work Address: **
Note: ** means do not leave the fields blank.
4. Per class will provide at least 2 boxes (about 2 ft. in height and width), and artistically covered (with my name and their class and yr and section's name on the lid). These will safe keep your exams and among other things.
5. Seating will be arranged alphabetically. The president of the class will provide me a seat plan.
6.TARDINESS is not entertained in my class. Kindly come on time. Please see your student hand book and the course outline I will provide to you.
Examination1. Quizzes and seat works are given almost every meeting so always be prepared.
2. Failure to take an exam/ quiz will automatically be given a grade of 5, unless otherwise, the student could provide an excuse letter signed by their guardian and duly noted by the guidance officer. ID of the guardian should also be presented.
3. I DO NOT give special projects or exams to students who missed activities unless a valid reason could be provided.
4. CHEATING in my class automatically gives the student a grade of 5.00 in my subject. Also, assignments, papers or project having the same content (exact replica) as with everybody else in the class will automatically be given 5.0 resulting to failing the course.
5. PLAGIARISM equals 5.00 in my subject. Know how to cite your reference materials.
6. Students are required to submit their assignments, projects as well as other requirements on time. No adjustment of date for submission is given.
Grades1. In most cases, essay papers will be returned to the respective class after 2-4 days. In any case, it will still be the class secretary's task to record the results and eventually help me computing the grades.
2. For class presentation / reporting, it would be graded as follows:
Content - 30%
Style - 30%
Ability to answer the question - 40%
Orderliness and Cleanliness:1. No littering in the classroom. Before the class starts, everyone's expected to pick up litters on floor should there be any. Treat your classroom as your very own home.
2. Celphone/s must be turned off or if expecting a very important call, kindly switch it to silent mode.
3. If a student is caught listening to an mp3 player or using whichever gadget in my class while during a class discussion/ activity, it will be confiscated. The student will immediately be sent to the guidance office and also asked to bring the guardian over at school.
4. Chairs should be arranged properly.
5. Students are given 10-15 minutes allowance before class starts. This is to give them ample time to prepare for their presentation or have their meals.
REQUIRED BOOKSAll students taking either Philippine History or Rizal are required to have text book:
and other reading materials
and other reading materials
For Philippine History and Geography: Historia: Pag-usbong, Pakikipagtagpo at Pagbubuo by Dr. Amalia Rosales and Raul Sebastian
Rizal: Rizal Walang Hanggang Landas by Dr. Rosales
CLASS SECRETARIES are requested to email me the list of their classmates names, records, grade sheets with names to this address: email@example.com