Two more additional paper requirements in World History will be posted either later tonight, January 12 or January 13. Stay tuned! Bump!link to help research a book.
On how to write the book review: Refer to this search log
Re-modification: Instead of submitting a typed written book review, you will have to personally write your answers/ reviews on short bond paper with one inch margins on all sides.
Number of pages must be no less than 15 and use English as your medium. No erasures and write legibly otherwise, points will be deducted!
First Page- Title Page
- At the top center of your paper, write the following:
PUP (spelled out)
Sta. Mesa Manila
This book review
(Title of the Book)
(followed by the publishing company and year it was published)
is submitted to
(name of Professor)
as partial fulfillment of the course requirements in (subject and subject code)
(Specific: Give a bird's eye view of what your paper/book is about, with paragraphs no less than 4!)
Table of contents
The following questions are your guide for the review otherwise refer to the link posted above:
I. Introduction (of what the book is all about. Give a bird's eve view of what the book is all about)
II. Author and his/her thesis:
- Give the author's background (you may possibly do a back ground search of the author on the net or which ever available source that you have. Cite your source) Were the given source about the author affect the main thesis of his book? Explain.
- What is his/her style of writing.
- What is the author's major hypothesis; what's the purpose for writing this book? What are the most important pieces of evidence to support it?
III. Your views (you may refer to this link )
* What is the quality of the evidence -- convincing? adequate? are the sources recognized by others in the field
*Are there other works on the same or a similar topic? Cite the other works and cite the points of comparison/ similarity.
*Does any of the author's information (or conclusion) conflict with other books you've read, courses you've taken or just previous assumptions you had of the subject? (refer to the given link repetitively posted)
*What are the strengths and weaknesses of the book? Be sure that upon mentioning the key points (strengths / weaknesses, you cite the page or quote)
- Has the book influenced, strengthened or completely changed your thesis/ idea about the book? Explain.
- Would you recommend the book to all types of audience? Why or why not?
Deadline of submission of title for your book review: On or before December 17
Deadline of submission of book review: Third week of January 201.
Specific: Place your papers in a short brown envelope with your name, course, yr. and section printed at the back (upper left portion).
Late submission will not be accepted!