Paper proper: Instructions
First Page- Title Page
-Use bond paper short, typed or hand written and may either use English or Filipino as medium.
- At the top center of your paper, write the following:
PUP (spelled out)
Sta. Mesa Manila
This book review
(Title of the Book)
(followed by the publishing company and year it was published)
is submitted to
(name of Professor)
as partial fulfillment of the course requirements in (subject and subject code)
Table of contents
The following questions are your review:
I. Introduction (of what the book is all about. Give a bird's eve view of what the book is all about)
II. Author and his/her thesis:
- Who is this author? Is he or she considered an expert in this topic?
- Does the author's background, time, or place affect the conclusions reached? Do you find an obvious bias?
- What is the author's point of view or frame of reference
- What is the author's major hypothesis; what's the purpose for writing this book? What are the most important pieces of evidence to support it?
- What is the quality of the evidence -- convincing? adequate? are the sources recognized by others in the field?
- Are there other works on the same or a similar topic?
- Does any of the author's information (or conclusion) conflict with other books you've read, courses you've taken or just previous assumptions you had of the subject?
- How might you resolve any conflict?
- Would you recommend this book or article to others? Why?
Deadline of submission of title for your book review: On or before December 17
Deadline of submission of book review: Third week of January 2010