For Humanities Class: Requirements
MOVIE REVIEW: INDIVIDUAL REQUIREMENT
This will be an individual project. You will have to watch a film and make a reaction about it. You will then answer the following questions based on the film you've seen, submit your paper as well as a clear copy of the movie you've seen.
The following are all suggested movie titles which you could pick one from.
1. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
2. The Reader
3. Pride and Prejudice
4. The Silence of the Lambs
6. The Count of Monte Cristo
7. Runaway Jury
9. The Shawshank Redemption
10. Breakfast at Tiffany's
11. A Room with a View
12. Broke Back Mountain
13. The Color Purple
14. The Cider House Rules
15. The Hours
16. Forrest Gump
17. Sense and Sensibility
18. The Road to Perdition
|As much as possible, there should not be movie reviews alike. If you would like to ascertain whether the movie you are about to make a review would be the same as with others, please post the title of the film on this thread and kindly leave your name. That way, others would be informed movies what movies left to do the reviews.
Write your answers on bond paper short, one inch on all sides as your margin. Place your paper as well as your cd in a short plastic envelope. Include the following on the first page:
Title of the Movie
(Production company, year it was produced and director)
Introduction: Give a very brief introduction of the film
Table of contents
- What are your impressions with the title of the movie before you have seen it? Has your impression changed after watching it?
- What are you reviewing? What is it about? What's the plot?
- What's the theme?
- What is the author's/director's purpose?
- What genre or classification does it fit? (That is, was the movie you've seen a comedy, tragic, etc?)
- What is the tone? What is the point of view (that is, who tells the story?) What is the mood?
- When was this done? Or when does the action take place?
- Where was this done? Or where does the action take place?
- Who wrote it, directed it, or acted in it? What else have they done?
- Who are the main characters?
- Who's the intended audience?
- Who has said what about this? Why?
- How does it convey its main point, mood, or theme? How did the audience react to it?
- How well does it fulfill its purpose?
- Did you like this in general? Why?
- Did you agree with the main theme/purpose? Why or why not?
- What specifically did you like/dislike? Why?
- Did the author/actors/director do a good job? Why or why not?
- How could it be improved? Why would particular changes help?
March 21, 2009
For Philippine History Class.
We will have a discussion on the onset of Spanish Colonization in the Philippines as well as the different effects wrought by their action to the Filipinos. Please refer to the book (written by Dr. Rosales and Prof. Sebastian) I have shown to you late last year.
Thank you very much and God bless!