What are my expectations in my class?
I would like my students to perform very well, participate in class discussions as well as do good in their examinations. Without much ado, let me give to you the grading system.
(note: you can download the grading system by clicking this link)
*University Grading System* *Distribution of Grade*
1.00 97-100 Excellent Mid-Term/ Final Term 30%
1.25 94-96 Excellent Quizzes/ Long Tests/
1.50 91-93 Very Good Seat Works 20%
1.75 88-90 Very Good Recitation 20%
2.00 85-87 Good Project/Report/Assign. 20%
2.25 82-84 Good Class Attendance 10%
2.50 82-84 Satisfactory 100%
2.75 76-78 Satisfactory
3.00 75 Passing
5.00 65-74 Failure
P = Pass
NC = No Credit MT Grade plus FT Grade = FINAL
INC = Incomplete 2 CLASSCARD
W = Withdrawn GRADE
D = Dropped
10% 20% 30% 40%
1.00 .10 .20 .30 .40
1.25 .125 .25 .375 .50
1.50 .15 .30 .45 .60
1.75 .175 .35 .525 .70
2.00 .20 .40 .60 .80
2.25 .225 .45 .675 .90
2.50 .25 .50 .75 1.00
2.75 .275 .55 .825 1.10
3.00 .30 .60 .90 1.20
5.00 .50 1.00 1.50 2.00
* Rounding off Table *
1.00 - 1.125 = 1.00
1.26 - 1.375 = 1.25
1.376 - 1.625 = 1.50
1.626 - 1.875 = 1.75
1.876 - 2.125 = 2.00
2.126 - 2.375 = 2.25
2.376 - 2.625 = 2.50
2.626 - 2.875 = 2.75
2.876 - 3.125 = 3.00
3.126 - 3.375 = 3.25
3.376 - 3.625 = 3.50
3.626 - 3.875 = 3.75
3.876 - 4.125 = 4.00
Grading System, Recording and Tasks1. The Grading System maybe changed, that is the corresponding percentage maybe adjusted depending on the number of projects or activities given. In such cases, the secretary of the class will be informed by yours truly.
2. The class secretary will take charge of recording everything, that is from attendance to exams. S/he will also be tasked to help me in computing her classmates' grades.
3. The class secretary will provide me copies of the records (from attendance to exams) and will be responsible typing out her classmates' names on the class record grade sheets template.
4. All students will submit 1/8 index card with 1x1 picture attached with the following information:
Course Yr. & Sec.:
Contact number (celfone and tel phone):
Position in the class organization:
Name of Scholarship Grant:
Parents' occupation and location:
4. Per class will provide at least 3 boxes (about 2 ft. in height and width), and artistically covered (with my name and their class and yr and section's name on the lid). These will safe keep your exams and among other things.
5. Seating will be alphabetically arranged. The president of the class will provide me a seat plan.
6. Tardiness is not entertained in my class. Kindly come on time. Please see your student hand book and the course outline I will provide to you.
Examination1. Quizzes are given almost every meeting.
2. Failure to take an exam/ quiz will automatically be given a grade of 5, unless otherwise, the student could provide an excuse letter signed by their guardian and duly noted by the guidance officer. ID of the guardian should also be presented.
3. I do not give special projects or exams on missed activities unless otherwise there would be a valid reason.
4. Papers containing the same answers as with everybody else in the class will automatically be given 5.0 resulting to failing the course.
5. Students are required to submit their assignments, projects as well as other requirements on time. No adjustment for submission is given.
Grades1. In most cases, essay papers will be returned to the respective class after 2-4 days. In any case, it will still be the class secretary's task to record the results and eventually help me computing the grades.
2. For class presentation / reporting, it would be graded as follows:
Content - 30%
Style - 30%
Ability to answer
the question - 40%
Orderliness and Cleanliness:1. No littering in class. Before the class starts, everyone's expected to pick up litters on floor should there be any.
2. Celphone/s must be turned off or if expecting a very important call, kindly switch it to silent mode.
3. If a student is caught listening to an mp3 player or with whichever gadget in my class, while/ during class discussion/ activity, it will be confiscated. The student will immediately be sent to the guidance office.
4. Arrange the chairs.
5. Classes are given 10-15 minutes allowance before classes start. This is to give them ample time to prepare their presentation or have their meals.
Required books and other reading materials
Philippine History and Geography: Historia: Pag-usbong, Pakikipagtagpo at Pagbubuo by Dr. Amalia Rosales and Raul Sebastian
Rizal: Rizal Walang Hanggang Landas by Dr. Rosales
Ps: Class secretaries are requested to email me the list of their classmates names, records, gradesheets with names to this address: email@example.com